To contribute to Shell’s investment in global mobility by being an integral partner in the transfer experience and fostering a sense of community for Shell employees and their families.
Supporting international mobility by:
- Helping employees and their families make informed decisions in collaboration with HR
- Offering personal and practical support and information
- Connecting people on the ground and building networks
The role of Outpost
The role of Outpost is to complement the services provided or contracted by HR by giving non-contractual information and advice at the local level, fairly and candidly, collected from the experiences of expatriates and their families. The purpose of an Outpost office is therefore to:
- Provide employees and their families with non-contractual, non-business information about their potential new homes and living environment, to help in making their decisions about expatriation and repatriation;
- Help employees and their families to settle in their new homes and to appreciate the culture of the country and location;
- Enable employees and their families to get information about potential new postings;
- Support partners with career and development opportunities in their location and prepare for further postings in the future.
What kind of services Outpost offices provide?
- Outpost publishes practical information about life in the location through different standard documents such as the Inside Guide, Business Brief, and Newsletters, but also via a local website.
- Outpost provides an ongoing point of contact during the entire assignment, welcoming new arrivals with our Welcome service, helping people to settle in, connecting the community through events, workshops or networking groups and eventually offering support when leaving.
- Outpost offers also Career and Development services to assist the clients with their personal and professional development.
Outpost has between 45 to 55 local offices around the world (depending on the business) with its Central Office, Global Outpost Services (GOS), in The Hague.